Cream Cheese Frosting And Fondant...can I Refrigerate??

Decorating By Spring24 Updated 16 Oct 2012 , 8:55pm by DanaG21

Spring24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spring24 Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 4

Hey there, I hope this is the correct place to post this, I'm a little new! I'm new at working with fondant, but I love it so far. icon_biggrin.gif I need to make a pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, but I also need to cover this in fondant. I work 8-5, so I would need to make this the night before. I know cream cheese frosting is supposed to be refrigerated, and fondant is not. Is there a solution to this? I'll be making marshmallow fondant...if it's taken out of the refrigerator and allowed to come to room temp by itself would it be ok?

3 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spring24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spring24 Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 4

Hi! Thanks for your response, I actually read through that, but it wasn't really what I needed. I've already used fondant on cream cheese frosting (it was too big to attach, but a pic is in my gallery!), except I was able to chill the cake without fondant overnight then decorate it on a saturday morning...which worked out beautifully! I need to find out if I can store it in the refrigerator overnight already decorated. icon_smile.gif Thanks!

DanaG21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaG21 Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 4

I refigerate my fondant cakes all the time. I put them in a cardboard box and put plastic wrap over the top of the box - it's usually a big box. I never have any problems. However, I usually don't do this with cream cheese frosting. If I do cream cheese I'll crumb coat with SMBC. Have you thought about doing cream cheese for the filling and then white chocolate ganache for under the fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%