Bring Back The 'puppies And Rainbows'

Decorating By Danielle_loves_cake Updated 19 Oct 2012 , 12:46am by debidehm

costumeczar Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 4:25pm
post #91 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

Interesting Etsy thread, I read several pages and aside from the OP the rest of the posters seem to very pragmatic and logical. What's even more impressive is that Etsy's community is much larger, those 39 pages of posts were generated in less than 4 hours before a moderator locked the thread.




You got that right...the forums there are pretty active and don't go off topic too much.

costumeczar Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 4:26pm
post #92 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

Interesting Etsy thread, I read several pages and aside from the OP the rest of the posters seem to very pragmatic and logical. What's even more impressive is that Etsy's community is much larger, those 39 pages of posts were generated in less than 4 hours before a moderator locked the thread.



You got that right...the forums there are pretty active and don't go off topic too much.




But wait...If you read on, at about page ten the OP decides to tell everyone that she's a troll and made the whole thing up. Not that anyone believed her, because it seems like she was just trying to backtrack.

kimmisue2009 Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 7:07pm
post #93 of 116

Recommending the Etsy thread. Makes folks around here look danged near sane.

costumeczar Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 7:14pm
post #94 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmisue2009

Recommending the Etsy thread. Makes folks around here look danged near sane.


thumbs_up.gif

Yes, it caused quite a stir on there, it happened in the morning and they were still talking about "this morning's thread" at night when I got on!

Kendall88 Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 9:39pm
post #95 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

And this is what I assume the op was talking about. Just a simple opinion, why does it need to be debated to this extent. She explained pretty clearly why she feels the way she does. Sorry Jason she isn't going to be able to give you irrufutable proof ( and I don't really think she should be required to) it's a FEELING. Some people do not enjoy every discussion becoming a debate. People sometimes having differing oppinions and neither is wrong.




AMEN thumbs_up.gif

paulstonia Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 10:42pm
post #96 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

Sorry Jason she isn't going to be able to give you irrufutable proof ( and I don't really think she should be required to) it's a FEELING.


Who has asked the OP to provide irrefutable proof? Irrefutable proof of what?

Quote:
Quote:

Some people do not enjoy every discussion becoming a debate.


That is certainly true, and if someone does not enjoy participating in a discussion or a debate they usually stop participating. But one person not enjoying a debate shouldn't mean that no one else is allowed to participate either.



Well Jason you asked her more than once for a link to the offending threads to show what she was speaking of.
And I'm not saying that others shouldn't be allowed to bicker if they like but it is irratating to some. There are others on here who may be very knowledgable who choose not to answer a question because they do not want to end up in a debate with those of you who enjoy it. I have a brother who's conversational style is like yours Jason and it is not fun to have a conversation with someone who contractdicts everything you say, someone who must always be right. Sometimes it is just a difference of opinion and everyone is entitled to theres.
AnnieCahill, thank you for clearing up what you meant. I don't think sensitive people are anything new. If you looked at my sister sideways you could hurt her feelings. There are 8 of us and she is the only one that way, just her nature not the way she was raised.
As I don't enjoy the debate I will leave you all to continue on.

jason_kraft Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 10:58pm
post #97 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

Well Jason you asked her more than once for a link to the offending threads to show what she was speaking of.



Can you point to one post where I asked the OP to provide a link to any offending threads?

In fact in the middle of page 2 I said that it doesn't matter whether or not OP posts any specifics, and that I didn't care either away.

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 11:29pm
post #98 of 116

Danielle, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. I'm actually really surprized that more haven't even responded to what Danielle is going through.

I've been sitting back watching this post unfold, having a little giggle at all the puppy and rainbow pictures, (although the rainbow puke was a little creepy). I don't usually contribute to these types of posts anymore, I've learned to ignore them. But,

I just wanted to say, Jason, you're embarrasing yourself a bit buddy. Maybe you should just stop now. It's very obvious that you wanted the OP to post specific incidents. You were trying to persude her here. You are very good a twisting words around, but my gosh, it's annoying! No you did not specifically ask her to do it, but you strongly suggested it. Like someone said too, always the last word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft


Also there's nothing wrong IMO with pointing to specific incidents and explaining why you felt the posts were rude/etc. That's not a personal attack at all, since you are sharing your opinion on the content that was posted, as opposed to the poster.


jason_kraft Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 12:00am
post #99 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sugar_Fairy

It's very obvious that you wanted the OP to post specific incidents. You were trying to persude her here. No you did not specifically ask her to do it, but you strongly suggested it.



You can infer what you wish, but that quote was in response to OP equating personal attacks with mentioning specific threads she was upset by. Considering I clarified in my very next post that I didn't care if specifics were posted, I think the context is clear.

And I highly doubt that will be the last word. icon_wink.gif

See, told you it wouldn't be the last word. icon_razz.gif

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 12:13am
post #100 of 116

Whatever.

I'm not going to argue with you. Not because you're right, but because you'll never stop.

foodguy Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 12:47am
post #101 of 116

[quote]I just wanted to say, Jason, you're embarrasing yourself a bit buddy. Maybe you should just stop now.

Enough is enough-time to let it go-you're beginning to sound less like a knowledgeable adult and more like a petulant child.

vtcake Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 3:09pm
post #102 of 116

I don't see why someone(s) can't ask that CC'ers be kinder and gentler, without others getting all bent out of shape. As many have said, if you don't like what someone's written, don't read it beyond what you have to to get the gist of the post. Therefore, I feel the on and on and on to slam the OP is kind of mean.

It's true that many hide behind anonymity. I don't put out my real name, but do try to stick to my real nature.

This reminds me of a Weight Watchers post years ago....I posted something that I like to eat, and someone's response, to lots of 'giggles' from her 'followers':that made me throw up in my mouth. Which I laughed at to myself because what an original thing. Surely NO ONE had ever said that before. But because of the constant bullying of that person and her peeps to mostly newbies, I quit the boards. It's hard to ignore those folks' posts when they respond to almost all the questions.

Wilton board is full of very sweet people. That's not wrong, it's just plain nice. And so are most of the CC'ers on here, but I agree with one other poster...I do think twice before posting on here, and quite often if I feel the need to post a response, I don't go back and read what comes after because despite the anonymity, my feelings can get hurt.

ellawillow Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 9:12pm
post #103 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcake

I don't see why someone(s) can't ask that CC'ers be kinder and gentler, without others getting all bent out of shape. As many have said, if you don't like what someone's written, don't read it beyond what you have to to get the gist of the post. Therefore, I feel the on and on and on to slam the OP is kind of mean.

It's true that many hide behind anonymity. I don't put out my real name, but do try to stick to my real nature.

This reminds me of a Weight Watchers post years ago....I posted something that I like to eat, and someone's response, to lots of 'giggles' from her 'followers':that made me throw up in my mouth. Which I laughed at to myself because what an original thing. Surely NO ONE had ever said that before. But because of the constant bullying of that person and her peeps to mostly newbies, I quit the boards. It's hard to ignore those folks' posts when they respond to almost all the questions.

Wilton board is full of very sweet people. That's not wrong, it's just plain nice. And so are most of the CC'ers on here, but I agree with one other poster...I do think twice before posting on here, and quite often if I feel the need to post a response, I don't go back and read what comes after because despite the anonymity, my feelings can get hurt.




Well said vtcake thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

julzs71 Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 2:43am
post #104 of 116

My dog just farted!

AZCouture Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 3:06am
post #105 of 116

Probably ate too many Skittles.

debidehm Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 8:40am
post #106 of 116

A little respect goes a long way.

debidehm Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 8:46pm
post #107 of 116

"Is the cake going to look like that or will you do a better job?"

This is a response someone got on another thread asking how to price a cake that she had attached a picture to. These (I think) are the kind of answers the OP of this thread is talking about. The person that made that comment of course has no pictures in their gallery, yet has the right to critique someone's elses work? That one line had no reason to be in the response at all...the OP wasn't asking about the work quality of the cake at all...just asked how to price.

Godot Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 9:03pm
post #108 of 116

It was my comment, and I stand by it.

The person posting that photo did not mention of who made the cake in question, and she (assuming that she's a woman) wasn't wondering about how she should go about figuring out pricing. She asked a direct question: 'How much should I charge?'.

The price of a cake should indeed reflect the quality of the work. As well as the quality of the ingredients, the amount of time making the cake, as well as any and all overhead.

I would never expect someone who just took their first Wilton class to achieve the same result as myself or any other very competent scratch baker/decorator, and thus they would have no business charging the same amount as I would.

No, I have no photos in my gallery. Why should I? And why should the fact that I have no photos in my gallery prevent me from criticising someone else's work? By the same reasoning I should then never be allowed to tell anyone that they did a great job (which I have, many times, in the gallery).

*rolls eyes*

cakeyouverymuch Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 9:18pm
post #109 of 116

I'm with Godot on this.

jason_kraft Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 9:35pm
post #110 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by debidehm

The person that made that comment of course has no pictures in their gallery, yet has the right to critique someone's elses work?



Yes.

Quote:
Quote:

That one line had no reason to be in the response at all...the OP wasn't asking about the work quality of the cake at all...just asked how to price.



Price is directly linked to quality: a higher quality product can command a higher price, but if the skill level is not there yet the price would need to be adjusted downward. I probably wouldn't have put it the way Godot did but it is a valid point.

AZCouture Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 9:36pm
post #111 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeyouverymuch

I'm with Godot on this.


As am I. Completely legitimate question.

vpJane Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 9:37pm
post #112 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by debidehm

"Is the cake going to look like that or will you do a better job?"

This is a response someone got on another thread asking how to price a cake that she had attached a picture to. These (I think) are the kind of answers the OP of this thread is talking about. The person that made that comment of course has no pictures in their gallery, yet has the right to critique someone's elses work? That one line had no reason to be in the response at all...the OP wasn't asking about the work quality of the cake at all...just asked how to price.




That's normal "Godot behavior." The two-line comments that really hurt people.

Notice the appropriate answers on this other thread. Even though people were telling the truth to the OP, and not really giving her any puppies and rainbows, they were still tactful. Then, there's always the one person who comes over and says the wrong thing. *sigh*

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=7320395&highlight=#7320395

jason_kraft Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 9:50pm
post #113 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpJane

Notice the appropriate answers on this other thread. Even though people were telling the truth to the OP, and not really giving her any puppies and rainbows, they were still tactful. Then, there's always the one person who comes over and says the wrong thing. *sigh*

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=7320395&highlight=#7320395



Yep, it doesn't get much more hardcore than "oh my".

But I suppose that's normal "vpJane behavior", making a big deal out of nothing. icon_wink.gif

BrandisBaked Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 10:54pm
post #114 of 116

I need links to everything everyone said to back up their statements/opinions, otherwise I am just going to assume you are all trolls just trying to start some drama and pee in my Cheerios.

*giggles* Same old CC!! icon_smile.gif

FromScratchSF Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 11:16pm
post #115 of 116

OK, I just read that other thread, and I really feel that is a horrible example of "meanie" behavior.

But oh well.

debidehm Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 12:46am
post #116 of 116

It's a good thing we're all intitled to our opinions. Right, wrong, and everything in the middle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%