Pricing Question

Baking By thecakemaker Updated 12 Oct 2012 , 6:26pm by AAtKT

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 1:32am
post #1 of 3

I am making party favors for a corporate 50th anniversery party. Each package will contain two 2.5" - 3" NFSC cookies with a 2" photo image on fondant on it. I will be wrapping each cookie and placing them in containers provided by the company - tying the ribbons with an added company logo tag on them (also provided by the company). It's been a while since i've made photo cookie favors and i'm not sure what to charge.
Thank you for any suggestions! Oh, i'm making 47 boxes - 2 cookies each.

2 replies
thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 3

No words of wisdom? It's been so long since i've made photo cookie favors i'm not sure what to charge. What about a price per cookie?

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 3

Are you printing the photos on the fondant yourself?
If yes, make sure to charge for the cost of the edible ink...
If no, make sure to charge for the cost of getting them printed somewhere...

How much fondant will you be using?
Are you making the fondant or buying it?
Figure out how much you will need for the each cookie do the math to get the total needed which would give you that total price...

Don't forget to charge for your time! You will have to take time to do the printing (or running around to get it printed)... You will have time to prep, bake, clean... You will have time to cut all the fondant pieces out... etc...

I think these cookies will turn out to be more expensive than most people think... They are customized and all... At least the company is supplying the containers though...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%