Pricing

Decorating By LillianaMaday Updated 12 Oct 2012 , 5:06pm by southerncross

LillianaMaday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LillianaMaday Posted 10 Oct 2012 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 4

My friend wants me to make a cake for her daughters birthday and she insists ahe wants tobpay me full price for the cake. Whatsa reasonable price for a 2 tier fondant birthday cake, nothing too elaborate, for 40 ppl?? All suggestions are welcome icon_smile.gif

3 replies
wyowolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyowolf Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 4

I charge by the serving, and I use the Wilton Party Cake serving guide. How much I charge depends on how fancy the cake is.

For basic sheet cakes, I charge $2.00/serving, and charge more per serving if the decorations are really elaborate

For basic stacked cakes, I charge $2.50/serving, and go up from there, based on how detailed the decorations are, how big the cake is, etc.

But you'll have to see what people in your area charge, and stick near those prices.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 4

I also charge by the serving using the Wilton Wedding Cake Serving Chart.

That's really the best way to do it. My pricing is similar to wyowolf's.

Totally agree with wyowolf. This is something you need to work out. Check the Wilton charts and other peoples websites and go from there.

Good Luck

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 4

I calculate my charge by the serving but the price list I give to my customers is by the cake tier. so if my basic buttercream covered 8" cake serves 24 and my price point per serving is $3.50 then the cost of that tier starts at $84. When the brides come for the tastings, I have all the dummy cakes listed with their respective prices and how many servings from that tier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%