Pasta Maker Recommendations?

Decorating By Lyoshka Updated 9 Oct 2012 , 9:39pm by Lyoshka

Lyoshka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyoshka Posted 9 Oct 2012 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 3

Thinking of making a couple of cakes with bows on box lids. Would like to get the pasta maker to get the gum paste rolled out nice and thin. Have NO idea what pasta maker is best for this? Ideally, of course, don't want to spend a lot of money, but at the same time, don't want to waste money on garbage, either....
help?

2 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 9 Oct 2012 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 3

Do you have a kitchen aid mixer? If so I highly recommend the pasta attachment. Look on Ebay and craigslist and get one that is used. You'll save a ton of money. I know sugar shack uses the hand crank kind and you can get them pretty inexpensive at places like TJ Max and Ross. You just have to look in their kitchen gadget area. I like the hands free one because I'm not great with trying to crank and guide the gumpaste into the pasta roller.

Lyoshka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyoshka Posted 9 Oct 2012 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you for your reply. I do have the Kitchen Aid mixer! I will have to take a look at the attachments. Might run to TJMaxx tomorrow, really need this by Thursday at the latest.. if I don't find one now, may just have to do it by hand this time around.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%