Cakeball Cake

Decorating By lanaooo Updated 9 Oct 2012 , 2:04am by lanaooo

lanaooo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanaooo Posted 8 Oct 2012 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 3

I am doing a cake ball cake for a wedding this weekend. It is 3 tiers with cake balls covering each of the cakes. I have never made one and I am feeling indecisive about if I should assemble the cake and then drive it 45 minutes or assemble it there. I am reluctant to do both. My question is for those who have done a cake ball cake, Did they stay in the cake pretty well? I hate to try to do it on location but I am afraid they will fall out when I am driving. Any suggestions?

2 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 8 Oct 2012 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 3

Lots of questions first.

Are you using short sticks in the cake balls?

Are you taking the finished cake base directly out of the fridge to put into a car with air conditioning?

Have you put hard dowels into the tiers?

All of these things will help your cake to arrive in good shape. I would say better to travel with the cake in sections, because then you know you will get it in the door safely. Anyway there is ALWAYS touching up to do--after the cake is put into place on its table.

lanaooo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanaooo Posted 9 Oct 2012 , 2:04am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingIrene

Lots of questions first.

Are you using short sticks in the cake balls?

Are you taking the finished cake base directly out of the fridge to put into a car with air conditioning?

Have you put hard dowels into the tiers?

All of these things will help your cake to arrive in good shape. I would say better to travel with the cake in sections, because then you know you will get it in the door safely. Anyway there is ALWAYS touching up to do--after the cake is put into place on its table.

I am not sure yet what to use for the sticks I have ready some people say they use toothpicks and others use sucker sticks. I am thinking that you are right that I should just assemble there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%