Boxing Glove Cake

Decorating By TheItalianBaker Updated 3 Jan 2013 , 8:21am by Crazy-Gray

TheItalianBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheItalianBaker Posted 8 Oct 2012 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 5

hi everybody icon_smile.gif
i need to make a boxing glove cake (2 gloves actually).. what type of pan should I use?
I was thinking about a rectangular pan + half circumference on top.. or 2 rectangular cakes?
need advices pls!!!

4 replies
Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 8 Oct 2012 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 5

I'd probably use a loaf pan as boxing gloves are pretty rectangular, go for a sturdy cake recipe like Madeira so you can carve a good shape. You could either carve away to leave a thumb or make it out of fondant

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

TheItalianBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheItalianBaker Posted 8 Oct 2012 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 5

I dont have a loaf pan but i have 2 rectangular pans: the first one 10" x 8" and the second one 14" x 8". So I can use one of them.. It's my first carved cake so I'm pretty worried!!!!
Which one would you use for 35 people (each glove)?

Crazy-Gray Posted 8 Oct 2012 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 5

Don't you worry you'll be just fine icon_smile.gif

I'd go for the 10x8 I think, that'll be plenty of cake for people, put the cakes in the fridge overnight before carving and you'll have a much easier time, if you can print out a glove from above and from the side at the size you want it'll help you loads with carving.
If you're comfortable with ganache I find it way easier to work with than bc when crumb coating a 3d cake because its so much more stable when its cooled, but if you're not sure don't worry, it'll just be an extra stress you don't need icon_smile.gif

Take your time, start early and you'll do great! I usually give myself 6 days (evenings) to do a 3d cake.

Hope you have fun, looking forward to seeing it in your gallery icon_smile.gif

Crazy-Gray Posted 3 Jan 2013 , 8:21am
post #5 of 5

I just saw your boxing glove cake - wonderful job it looks great!

Happy new year :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%