Need Ideas For Wedding/groom's Cake Combo...help!

Decorating By Lenora05 Updated 7 Oct 2012 , 3:07pm by Lenora05

Lenora05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenora05 Posted 7 Oct 2012 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, I have a bride and groom who want to do the cupcake and wedding combo on the same stand. The colors are going to be shades of spring orange. They want the cake to be covered in fondant with an orange ribbon around the base of each tier with some bling on there somewhere. The cupcakes are up to me as long as they cooridinate with the cake.

BUT...here's the crazy part. They want to cupcakes to represent the groom's cake...which has to be a hunting and fishing theme! Does anyone have any idea how to make a subtle and elegent hunting/fishing theme on cupcakes so they won't stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm really stuck on this right now. Any ideas or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

6 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 7 Oct 2012 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 7

One big orange autumn leaf on each cupcake and a little chocolate deer or fish cutout on top of the leaf. Cut them from chilled thin sheets of melted chocolate.

The bling on the cake could be small hard candy jewels in the shape of leaves, if you have such a mold.

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 7 Oct 2012 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 7

Just throwing this idea out there:

Can you use cupcake liners to match the cake color, then use white frosting for the cupcakes?
I'm picturing tiny fondant fishing poles on top. You can pipe a small fishing line from each fishing pole.

Lenora05 Posted 7 Oct 2012 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingIrene

One big orange autumn leaf on each cupcake and a little chocolate deer or fish cutout on top of the leaf. Cut them from chilled thin sheets of melted chocolate.

The bling on the cake could be small hard candy jewels in the shape of leaves, if you have such a mold.

Thanks the chocolate idea is great! The wedding is in the spring, so the leaves are out, but I could use the same idea with a different shape...maybe just a large fondant circle cutout.

Thanks!

Lenora05 Posted 7 Oct 2012 , 2:44pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by karensjustdessert

Just throwing this idea out there:

Can you use cupcake liners to match the cake color, then use white frosting for the cupcakes?
I'm picturing tiny fondant fishing poles on top. You can pipe a small fishing line from each fishing pole.

I'm thinking of combining this idea with the chocolate cutouts that were also suggested.

Thanks for your input!

I just got stuck and could not think of anything icon_smile.gif

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 7 Oct 2012 , 2:56pm
post #6 of 7

For spring, you could pipe a bow onto the cupcakes with orange icing (to match the ribbons), and then add the chocolate shape.

Lenora05 Posted 7 Oct 2012 , 3:07pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingIrene

For spring, you could pipe a bow onto the cupcakes with orange icing (to match the ribbons), and then add the chocolate shape.

Thanks! Another good idea icon_smile.gif

You've been very helpful already! I could make the ribbon and bows out of fondant to make sure they match...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%