Need Help Using Wilton Ball Pan

Decorating By aisrad Updated 16 Oct 2012 , 12:22am by aisrad

aisrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aisrad Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 5

I'm trying to back a cake using the wilton ball pan and my cake is completely dry and craking on the outside and raw on the inside! I set my oven at 325 and used a flower nail in the center. I wanted to use a wet towel around it, but couldn't get it to stay up, so I had to go without that. What do I need to do different next time?? icon_cry.gif

4 replies
savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 10:52pm
post #2 of 5

I used the Durable Cake for 3D in Chocolate recipe I found on CC with this pan and it came out perfect, lots of compliments....good luck!

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 5

WHICH Wilton ball?

Which cake recipe?

aisrad Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 5

The 6 inch ball pan and I used a chocolate mud cake recipe. I cooked that sucker for an hour, added another flower nail on top, and the center still had areas that were raw! So frustrating!!

aisrad Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 12:22am
post #5 of 5

Just in case anyone needs help with this in the future, I did figure out how to bake a perfect cake with the Wilton ball pan. I found another discussion recommending to set your oven at 300 and putting a pan of water on the bottom rack of your oven. I did all that as well as put a flower nail in the center, baked my cake for an hour, and it came out perfect!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%