Need Ideas...fast!

Decorating By arlenej Updated 6 Oct 2012 , 3:36pm by sillywabbitz

arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 4:19am
post #1 of 6

Hi all.
So I'm doing a cake for a sailor (due at 8am...today). I was going to do a lighthouse on a beach,,,then his girl calls a begs me to add in a crown since his name is King..So I need ideas on how to incorporate the two......Ideas, anyone?....... Ideas PLEASE!

5 replies
Jaybay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaybay Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 4:36am
post #2 of 6

If its a round cake maybe outline the base with the crown or have it off kilter around the top of the lighthouse?

Missy227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Missy227 Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 5:10am
post #3 of 6

In keeping with your lighthouse beach theme, maybe you could incorporate the crown as a sand sculpture.

arlenej Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 6:25am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybay

If its a round cake maybe outline the base with the crown or have it off kilter around the top of the lighthouse?

Thank you JayBay! I'm going to do both!

arlenej Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 6:27am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy227

In keeping with your lighthouse beach theme, maybe you could incorporate the crown as a sand sculpture.

Errr...Sand sculpture? Sounds a bit beyond me...So obviously I'll try it next week. Thanks for the input.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 6

The sand sculpture is easier than it sounds. Just make a crown out of fondant. Cover it in piping gel and roll it in either brown sugar or crushed graham crackers...Put a pile of what ever you rolled it in at the bottom and set the crown on it. Would be very cuteicon_smile.gif

Also if you ever come across ice cube tray in fun designs like the skulls for halloween you can make things using pressed sugar...that of course would be for a future cakeicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%