Entremet Related Books

Decorating By reeny4cakes Updated 21 Oct 2012 , 4:27pm by reeny4cakes

reeny4cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reeny4cakes Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 3:35am
post #1 of 8

Hi, Can someone guide me regarding entermets? Im a home baker jus getting comfortable with butter cream & fondant, Now into chocolate making too.. Im self taught.. & I owe it big time for cake central.. This website is my total inspiration.. I have wonderful books for recipes & Ideas for all the above said.. I would like to try various entremet desserts.. But hard to find good books related to it.. Can my fellow cakies be kind enough to share infos about entremet related books or site.. Thanks icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 3:51am
post #2 of 8

I'm not even sure what entremet/entermet desserts are!

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 8

Is this what you are asking for? I was able to borrow it from my public library and it is worth every cent on amazon with discounts

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0847858081/?tag=cakecentral-20+krasne

There are French books that were published for home cooks. Try looking on abebooks.com as the prices will be reasonable.

American version would be dessert cookbooks from the Culinary Institute of America or other cooking schools.

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 8

Entremets are dishes that are served between meals. There are different kinds of entremets.but mainly are dessert.
Chips books has a lot of professional pastry and dessert books Here is the link:
http://www.chipsbooks.com/entremet.htm
HTH

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 2:52pm
post #5 of 8

OK then you want to check out books by Pierre Herme. Again use websites for the best deal.

mekalas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekalas Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 12:40pm
post #6 of 8
reeny4cakes Posted 21 Oct 2012 , 4:22pm
post #7 of 8

Im so sorry i never noticed all this response so long.. thank you so much for the kind help.. And yes most of the entremet related books are in french icon_sad.gif

reeny4cakes Posted 21 Oct 2012 , 4:27pm
post #8 of 8

Bakingirene, That link was awesome, though it does'nt have entremet recipe in that book, it does have equally rich and luxury desert recipe.. I have placed my order. Thank you icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%