Cake Serving Charts

Decorating By Rosie2 Updated 4 Oct 2012 , 4:05am by Rosie2

Rosie2 Posted 3 Oct 2012 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 6

Hello to all, quick question.
Does anybody find it confusing with all the cake servings charts out there??! every chart has a different estimate of servings aggghhh icon_cry.gif
I'm trying to figure out what pans to use since I'm making my first HUGE cake for 200 people. This is for a very especial ocassion since is for a family that I'm close friends with---their grandma is turning 90! thumbs_up.gif and yes, of course, I'm honor and thrilled that they trust me with such a especial request provided that I'm just a hobby baker. However, I tend to be a perfectionist (added to bouts of OCD behavior) so I do stress horribly every time I make a small cake so yes, I'm loosing sleep over this one!!!!!!! aggghhh icon_cry.gif

Please help! and share which chart do you recommend.

Thank you all

5 replies
Rosie2 Posted 3 Oct 2012 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you CWR41...according to this Wilton chart if I make a 14', 12', 10' and 8' it gives me 196 servings which is close to what I need. However, I was looking at a chart by EarleneCakes and according to her chart those tiers would only give me 155 servings!!
Here's Earlene's chart http://www.earlenescakes.com/ckserchart.htm

Which one is right?? icon_confused.gif

CWR41 Posted 3 Oct 2012 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Thank you CWR41...according to this Wilton chart if I make a 14', 12', 10' and 8' it gives me 196 servings which is close to what I need. However, I was looking at a chart by EarleneCakes and according to her chart those tiers would only give me 155 servings!!
Here's Earlene's chart http://www.earlenescakes.com/ckserchart.htm

Which one is right?? icon_confused.gif

Industry standard servings are 1" x 2" x 4" = 8 cubic inches.

leah_s Posted 3 Oct 2012 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 6

This is one thing Wilton got right. Their charts are very accurate.

Rosie2 Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 4:05am
post #6 of 6

Thank you Leah_s and CWR41 for your help. I will follow the Wilton's chart!

This is why I love this site...it's just like a 'cake encyclopedia' thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%