Best Place To Order Supplies

Business By 2kats Updated 2 Oct 2012 , 4:42pm by 2kats

2kats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kats Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 5

I'm sure this is posted somewhere on this site but I am new here so would like some help, please. I am just starting out my cake business and want to know the best/cheapest place to order supplies such as boxes, cake drums, etc. I have been buying as I need them from Michaels but it is taking too much away from my profits. I would only need small quantities. Thanks!

4 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 5

For boxes, I use several places. I love the tiered boxes from Bake a box. I also purchase from Mid Continent paper but I don't know if you have them where you live. I use Global Sugar Arts and Fondant Source for small things. I also place bulk orders from Wilton and CK Products. I also keep extra stuff that we use in stock for other cake makers because you can't get the stuff locally. For drums, I love Bakery Craft drums over the ones from Wilton or Mid Continent. Most places carry Enjay and I don't care for the wrapping, although they are sturdy. If you were here (Mid Mo) I would gladly let you go through my stock! icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 5

I get everything but boxes form cakedeco.com. My credit card number was stolen twice after shopping at CK wholesale, so if you use them get one of the disposable cards to use to order, I don't know what's up with that. For boxes I order from a few different places, but I use specific sizes that are hard to find. I usually just google the box size and see what comes up.

2kats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kats Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone. So much to do to start a business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%