Macaron Favours

Baking By tmacmahon22 Updated 2 Oct 2012 , 6:21am by scp1127

tmacmahon22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmacmahon22 Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 2

Hey everyone!

This is actually my first post on this site, so sorry if this is in the wrong place etc icon_smile.gif

I've just been asked by a bride for an order of 180 macarons (2 per guest) for her wedding next year. I've made them before and found them ok, so thats one good thing. However, I'm really struggling to know how much to charge for this. I'm going to make more than 180 obviously incase my luck is as bad as it usually is with these things.

So she wants 180 of them, in cellophane bags with ribbon. I assume she wants me to bag them all up.

Any help? icon_smile.gif x

1 reply
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 6:21am
post #2 of 2

That's the thing about macarons. The consistency. Sometimes they just don't turn out until you really get the hang of them.

But if you have the time to hone your skills, you will have a great product line to offer.

For pricing, I hope I can help because this is the US. The ones that are a little bigger than a quarter are about $1.50. You will need to add the bag costs and then labor. Do them for 5 mnutes and see how many you can get done. Multiply that numer by 12 and there is your number per hour. Don't forget time cutting the ribbon. Plus buying the ribbon that I am sure is perfectly coordinated to the wedding colors. Only you can put a price on your time.

Good luck with your project.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%