I Know This Will Be A Repeat But...

Decorating By debidehm Updated 3 Oct 2012 , 6:27am by cabecakes

debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 3:38am
post #1 of 2

now I need help with the cake posted! I know I've seen this cake on C.C. several times...I'm not sure if the original designer is from C.C., but seems to be a popular cake! Now I have a potential client that wants this cake! I don't even have a clue! Is the chocolate dripping down ganache? I guess my questions would be:

1. Is the dripping chocolate ganache?

2. Is this covered in 2 pieces of fondant (one side white, the other chocolate), then seams covered with the folded fondant "fabric" (which of course I've never done before)!!

3. I always deliver cake un-assembled (due to weight restrictions...bad back), and I deliver alone. Would it be a pain-in-the-rear to complete at the venue?

I'm sorry about asking about this cake again when I'm pretty sure I've seen questions about it before. I'm sure I'll have more questions about it later. I just want to make sure this is do-able for me before I commit to the bride.

I appreciate any and all help!

Debi
LL

1 reply
cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 3 Oct 2012 , 6:27am
post #2 of 2

Well at first glance, i would say that the cake is first covered half way in the chocolate fondant and melted chocolate was poured down the sides. I think ganache would be more "thick" in appearance.

Also, I would assume you could do both sides and then put on the finishing touches like fixing the seams and applying the "pleated fabric" at the venue. I think it would depend on the intricate details of the white side (which can't be seen well in the photo). It just looks like some scrollwork. So I don't see why you couldn't stack on site. Either way these are going to be some heavy cakes, and I would suggest you try to find some help if you have restrictions on lifting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%