I'm Going To Be On The News! Help Me Pick An Outfit!

Lounge By Elcee Updated 6 Nov 2012 , 8:19pm by letsgetcaking

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 30 Sep 2012 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 14

One of my local news affiliates is doing a feature on women who have turned a hobby into a home business and they are going to interview/film me! They will do a short interview and then film me working on a cake. I'm thinking of doing an ombre ruffle cake with a fantasy flower. Those cakes are so popular right now and they're so very pretty. I still haven't decided if I'll do a 1 or 2 tier but I'm kind of leaning towards a small (8" & 6") 2 tier. I'll have all but a couple of finishing touches done ahead of time.

I'm very excited AND very nervous! AND I don't know what to wear! I don't have a chef's coat but I have several aprons. Please go to my Facebook page and comment and/or "LIKE" your favorite apron/t-shirt combo. Haha, you can see what I look like and get a peek at my cake room, too! icon_lol.gif

https://www.facebook.com/IcedandDazzle?ref=hl#!/media/set/?set=a.420800101318357.103213.368152219916479&type=3

FYI, before anyone asks, everything from baking to taxes...all legal icon_smile.gif

Thanks!

13 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 2:27am
post #2 of 14

I voted twice! ... And you'll have to post the interview!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 2:43am
post #3 of 14

I like the first and the third picture. The first is more relaxed and the third looks more professional, but both look good on you.

Congrats on the interview. please share when it's done.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 4:24am
post #4 of 14

I voted for the second and the third. My favorite is the third. It's professional, pretty, and I think the shirt and apron combo looks best on you.

Good luck!

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 6:26am
post #5 of 14

I voted for the fourth. I think the patterned aprons distract from your face. I hope the interview goes well!

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 7:42am
post #6 of 14

You look exactly like my neighbour! icon_lol.gif

Definitely the fourth one, it looks professional. Mcaulir is right, patterns on the apron distract from your face (and your product).

Addictive_desserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Addictive_desserts Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 9:01am
post #7 of 14

I agree. I prefer the solid colors. Black apron with white shirt is the best - 4th pic!

Elcee Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 1:52am
post #8 of 14

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate all your input. The pictures and the voting have been really fun. I'll compile the votes in a few days and let you knowwhat I go with. Thanks again! icon_biggrin.gif

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 6:16am
post #9 of 14

All B&W thumbs_up.gif

Spooky_789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spooky_789 Posted 10 Oct 2012 , 3:24am
post #10 of 14

Which channel is doing the interview? 5, 11 or 13? Has it been on yet? If not, I'll have to catch it. How cool for you!

ETA: Just popped over and saw it's Fox. icon_smile.gif

Elcee Posted 10 Oct 2012 , 11:58pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_789

Which channel is doing the interview? 5, 11 or 13? Has it been on yet? If not, I'll have to catch it. How cool for you!

ETA: Just popped over and saw it's Fox. icon_smile.gif

Thanks! Yep, Fox21. It'll be aired on November 4. I'll post here and on Facebook with reminders and links. icon_biggrin.gif

The cake I finished during the filming is here:
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2416698/fall-ombre

reliablecar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reliablecar Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 7:54am
post #12 of 14

I agree. I prefer the solid colors. Black apron with white shirt is the best - 4th pic!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Reparaci¨®n de Coche
Navegador GPS

Elcee Posted 6 Nov 2012 , 3:20am
post #13 of 14

**UPDATE**

http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=820852

Here's the link to the news feature. Thank you all for your support and help with "what to wear". All in all I'm pretty pleased with it. Somehow, when I told the reporter that an 8" cake starts at $66 she heard that wedding cakes start at $60? Not too many people need a single tier 8" wedding cake! icon_biggrin.gif

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 6 Nov 2012 , 8:19pm
post #14 of 14

You looked great in the interview and sounded great, too. I hope it brings you even more business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%