...make An Edible Engagement Ring

Decorating By sprinklez28 Updated 2 Oct 2012 , 4:50am by missamylynn06

sprinklez28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprinklez28 Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone, pls help me. I am making an engagement ring cake for my friend this thursday. The problem is, am stuck with the RING. The cake design is quite similar to the tiffany ring cake. I am having a hard time to figure out how to make an edible diamond ring and how to support it on the cake.
Pls ladies looking forward for your assistance........

Thanks

3 replies
PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 30 Sep 2012 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 4

I made a engagement ring box cake and made an isomalt diamond for the ring. The band was gumpaste (allowed several days to dry). I put a white lollipop stick to support the diamond since it was very heavy. You can buy large diamond molds online. Jennifer Dontz has one on her online store. If you don't want to work with isomalt, you could make one from gumpaste and paint it silver.
LL

sprinklez28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprinklez28 Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 4:24am
post #3 of 4

Thanks PinkLisa, your cake looks awesome. Its perfect, the box, the ring, color.... everything. I am planing to make two rings just to be on the safe side; one with gumpaste and the other with rkt. I hope it turns out well

missamylynn06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missamylynn06 Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 4:50am
post #4 of 4

Im making a cake with a edible ring also! I tryed to make my own mold didnt work! So im thinking about using the fake one i bought. I need to remake the band after seeing that one. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%