Where To Buy Edibile Cake Images

Decorating By girlangel614 Updated 8 Oct 2012 , 9:09pm by girlangel614

girlangel614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girlangel614 Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 2:54am
post #1 of 7

I want to make my friend a birthday cake on which there are pictures of guys that she likes. The only problem is that every website I go to that makes ediile images from your pictures says that I have to use my own photos. Does anyone know where I could go get a edibile image printed from an internet image?

6 replies
Ilovebolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ilovebolo Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 3:48am
post #2 of 7

If u do find out please share!!

buglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buglady Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 3:54am
post #3 of 7

If you print out the image then you can take it to your local Walmart or grocery store that has a bakery. They can print an image for you for a fee.

embersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
embersmom Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by buglady

If you print out the image then you can take it to your local Walmart or grocery store that has a bakery. They can print an image for you for a fee.

Not necessarily. If the image is lifted from a copyrighted work (magazine, for example), most supermarkets -- and I presume Walmart too -- will not print it due to infringement. They will specify that the image must either be a personal photo or royalty-free clip art.

girlangel614 Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 1:35am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for all of the info. I will try to ask my local food store.

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 8:18pm
post #6 of 7

Wikimedia Commons is your friend!

http://commons.wikimedia.org/

(I might add that next June, when I put nostalgic pictures of the fictional L.A. County Fire Dept. Squad 51 and Engine 51 [anybody else here grow up on Emergency?] on my 51st birthday cake, I'll be using images from Wikimedia Commons. I'll probably take my own picture of Station 127 [the real station that stood in for the fictional 51, just as Harbor General stood in for Rampart Hospital], though.)

(And for those who haven't the vaguest idea what I'm talking about, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency!)

girlangel614 Posted 8 Oct 2012 , 9:09pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much for the information. I never knew that site existed. I will try this. thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%