LegalAlien Posted 28 Sep 2012 , 5:04pm
post #1 of

I really want to turn this white frosting recipe http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2010/03/a-tasty-recipe-thats-the-best-frosting-ive-ever-had/ into a chocolate frosting. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to do that? I'm worried about ruining the light, foamy consistency of the frosting.

3 replies
BakingIrene Posted 28 Sep 2012 , 5:11pm
post #2 of

Well this doesn't give you "foamy" frosting (like a beer) but it's VERY fluffy like whipped cream...

Add melted chocolate to the butter before you add the sugar. 2-3 ounces.

FYI you can use the same weight of powdered sugar, it takes less time to mix and is just as fluffy.

LegalAlien Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 4:47am
post #3 of

Thanks so much! I tried it tonight, and it did end up being kind of runny. Oh well, it was worth a try. Husband said it was the best frosting I'd ever made, so at least someone was happy. icon_smile.gif

BakingIrene Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 2:28pm
post #4 of

If it turned out runny, you didn't use quite enough flour. The cooked milk and flour has to be STIFF for this recipe to work.

I sometimes use cornstarch instead of flour--4 tablespoons per cup of milk. Works great. I LOVE this type of icing because you can add less sugar. I add sugar last and only as much as tastes good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%