Cake Places To Visit In Elmhurst, Illinois?

Lounge By ptanyer Updated 27 Sep 2012 , 1:06pm by vpenkuhn

ptanyer Posted 26 Sep 2012 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 3

I am flying off to Elmhust, Illinois next Wednesday to make a huge baby shower cake for a family member, and wanted to know if there are any cake related places of interest that I should try to visit while I am there. I don't know anything about the area, having never had an opportunity to go before, so I don't know what it out there to visit. I'm knew about Cake Girls and am sad that they aren't in business anymore, so I can't go visit their storeicon_sad.gif

Thanks,
Pam

2 replies
HamSquad Posted 26 Sep 2012 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 3

[quote="ptanyer"]I am flying off to Elmhust, Illinois next Wednesday to make a huge baby shower cake for a family member, and wanted to know if there are any cake related places of interest that I should try to visit while I am there.

Elmhurst, IL is a Northwest suburb of Chicago, IL. It really isn't close by. However, an expressway or highway and a car you can get anywhere. Wilton is in Darien, IL if this helps and Roeser's Bakery is in Chicago.
Pam - Hamsquad

vpenkuhn Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 3

Go see Bobby at The CAKERY in North Aurora IL. He has been on challenge several times & does alot of non-televised cake comps. He works mainly w/buttercream & it is amazing what he can get it to do...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%