What Is The Name Of This Cake Dummy Shape?

Decorating By mommie917 Updated 26 Sep 2012 , 3:20pm by mommie917

mommie917 Posted 25 Sep 2012 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 6

I'm trying to find a cake dummy that is shaped like a sphere or ball but it has a flat top and a flat bottom. I'm not sure if I'm describing right. Does anyone know what the shape is called and where I could find them? Thanks

5 replies
mom2twogrlz Posted 25 Sep 2012 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 6

I am not sure what it is called, but I know of a place where you can order custom cake dummies for a reasonable price. I ordered some tapered ones from them a few months ago. It is Guildcraft Furniture, I know weird, but they do cake dummies too. The owner is a super nice guy that was more than willing to help me with whatever I needed. He even stayed late to make sure it was done and shipped in time. Great customer service. Here is the link. If the link gets edited just google Guildcraft Furiture in York, PA.


mommie917 Posted 25 Sep 2012 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you so much, I will check them out...I'm going to try to attach a pic, just in case someone knows the correct name of the shape...lol

HalifaxMommy Posted 25 Sep 2012 , 11:40pm
post #4 of 6

That looks like the class cake from Swank fantasy wedding cake class - and if it is, it is a real cake that was carved into the hourglass figure.

CWR41 Posted 26 Sep 2012 , 12:57am
post #5 of 6

elliptical sphere

mommie917 Posted 26 Sep 2012 , 3:20pm
post #6 of 6

Here is another pic

Quote by @%username% on %date%