Pme Gerbera Daisy Plungers

Decorating By AnnieCahill Updated 24 Sep 2012 , 5:01pm by fcakes

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 23 Sep 2012 , 12:10pm
post #1 of 5

I am thinking about buying these, but confused about how to form the flowers. Is it two "flowers" that make one whole flower? Or do you use all three in the set? I need to make at least two sizes for this cake next week. I watched Alan's video on GSA and he said the set comes with four cutters but that is not correct (he also uses four to make his gerberas). It looks like for the inner ring of petals around the center I would need to purchase a separate little daisy plunger.

I am just trying to figure out what makes a "full" gerbera. Here is a link to the set-the video is linked on that page.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=20837&name=Veined%20Sunflower,%20Daisy,%20Gerbera%20Plunger%20Cutter%20Set%20of%203%20PME

4 replies
fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 23 Sep 2012 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 5

I have these cutters (set of 3) and I use the biggest and the smallest to form a flower. Then use a dark colored ball of fondant with holes pricked with a toothpick to form the center.

I've seen some pictures where they used the small Wilton daisy cutter and snipped it further to form the fine hair-like center then put the dark colored flower center.

Hope it was clear... let me know if you have any questions icon_smile.gif

btw, I got a lot of 20-30 cutters for $30 on Ebay... GSA is too expensive at $17.99 for just 3!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Sep 2012 , 3:22am
post #3 of 5

Hi, this is a great tutorial also. People do them all kinds of ways. I personally would use 2 large ones first, and off set the petals and then do as this tutorial does. love gerbera daisies. good luck

http://www.make-fabulous-cakes.com/gum-paste-gerbera-flower.html

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 24 Sep 2012 , 10:36am
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much for your suggestions! I need new ones because I only have the Wilton ones from the gumpaste set and they suck.

Thanks again!

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 24 Sep 2012 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 5

Yes... the wilton ones are BAD! lol! Oh, and I meant making the flower with the plunger cutters, then adding the snipped wilton cutter flower in the middle for the hairy texture in the center.

The tutorial that icer101 shared is the one I followed too... should've shared the link.. but couldn't find it on my phone icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%