Help! I Really Could Use Your Help With Ideas!

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 22 Sep 2012 , 12:39am by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 7

'Hi ll,

I'm doing groom's cake coming up and need your help with one last design touch!
In contrast to the wedding cake this of course will be cute and fun, but i want to tie in their wedding design theme somehow....

The cake will be a simple sheetcake to mimic the grooms tux, but- the tie and shirt will be undone to show the superman "s"/ suite underneath. To bring in the wedding design, im doing a simple boarder incorporating their wedding flowers of pink and orange <wedding colors calla lillies and orchids, the cake will then be setting on a base of dark grey <wedding color>.

The kicker... this circular/ "ring" element. The rings are used throughout their decorations, in this pattern as well as together & more on top of each other.... i want to add this in in some way to the design....I thought about painting it, but i don't think i can get the fine/ clean detail, so i was hoping for your input on other ways!
LL
LL

6 replies
mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 7

How about having the tie to the 'suit' have that circle pattern on it. of an orange tie with a bit of a handkerchief with the pattern coming up in the suit coat pocket.

mommachris

CiNoRi Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 7

Nice thought, but the. Bride wants to mimic the real tux, black /white tie....I'm kinda stuck with that :-/

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 7

IDK where to do the design but depending on how big you do it you can take circle cutters or caps or something and dip them into food coloring mixed with vodka to get that exact round shape and then just stamp them a few times. Should come out the same...

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 22 Sep 2012 , 12:07am
post #5 of 7

Can you do the dipped in foog color dipped in vodka and put these colors on the dark grey cake board? icon_rolleyes.gif

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 22 Sep 2012 , 12:13am
post #6 of 7

Can you do the dipped in foog color dipped in vodka and put these colors on the dark grey cake board? icon_rolleyes.gif

CiNoRi Posted 22 Sep 2012 , 12:39am
post #7 of 7

That was my thought too...it will probably be too transparent icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%