Ruffle Cake ! Help

Decorating By CakeandEatits Updated 22 Sep 2012 , 4:47am by CakeandEatits

CakeandEatits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandEatits Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 12:22am
post #1 of 7

Hello all,
I'm hoping one of the many talented bakers on cc can help me figure this out. I'm preparing a ruffle cake for a party on sept 29th. Due to my schedule (I also have a full time job) I like to do a lot of prep in advance. I was thinking about making my ruffles a few days earlier. About how many days should I prep them in advance an still have good quality fondant ruffles? An how should I store them ?

6 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 12:25am
post #2 of 7

Are you talking about the cakes with horizontal ruffles all around it? You'll need to make them and place them almost immediately so they can conform to the cake shape without breaking.

CakeandEatits Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 1:42am
post #3 of 7

No the small individual floral ruffles. For example I'm using the ivory ruffle cupcake tower here on cake central as creative inspiration.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 6:22pm
post #4 of 7

That just looks like a bunch of ribbon roses-type rolled up strips with other strips filling in the gaps between them. You could do a ton of the ribbon roses ahead of time, then add the fill-in ruffles when you're putting the cake together.

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 7

check out the "artist" ruffle cake in my gallery.... if this is what you are looking for let me know, and i can try to help ya

CakeandEatits Posted 22 Sep 2012 , 2:35am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

That just looks like a bunch of ribbon roses-type rolled up strips with other strips filling in the gaps between them. You could do a ton of the ribbon roses ahead of time, then add the fill-in ruffles when you're putting the cake together.

. Exactly! Perfect. I was planning to use the ribbon rose technique to create the ruffle design. Thanks so much now I'm of to make a ton of them icon_smile.gif Thanks again for the reply !

CakeandEatits Posted 22 Sep 2012 , 4:47am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNoRi

check out the "artist" ruffle cake in my gallery.... if this is what you are looking for let me know, and i can try to help ya

Thanks for the reply. The Artist cake is gorgeous but its more of a horizontal ruffle. I wanted more of a floral ruffle. If you don't mind in the future may i PM for tip an advice you have some awesome work in your gallery icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%