Another Monster High Doll Cake Question

Decorating By MrsNaomiC Updated 21 Sep 2012 , 3:43am by MrsNaomiC

MrsNaomiC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNaomiC Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, so I really appreciate the responses I have gotten on the other questions I have posted in regards to the cake I'm planning for my daughter's 8th birthday. I have one more question. I have decided to use an actual Monster High Draculaura doll when I construct this cake but I'm concerned with getting the doll all messy with cake decorations and stuff. I've thought of covering the doll with plastic wrap before I insert it into the cake, but recently I saw something on a show that I think was perhaps a better idea. I saw a Barbie cake made with an actual Barbie doll, and in the center where the doll was inserted was a plastic cone or something. What is that piece called and where can I get it?

2 replies
TNRachel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TNRachel Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 3

I've made those doll cakes both ways. The plastic cone piece that I've used came with the Barbie (from DecoPac). I actually prefer plastic wrap. You have more control over where to start decorating and your doll doesn't end up with a whole lotta "junk in her trunk".
Hope that helps.

MrsNaomiC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNaomiC Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 3:43am
post #3 of 3

Hey TNRachel, that does help tremendously. Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it and I am so excited to do this cake for my daughter. She is so going to love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%