Help With A Baby Boy Shower Cake Problem.

Decorating By josefina20 Updated 20 Sep 2012 , 3:02pm by Missy227

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 5:28am
post #1 of 10

I have to make a Baby shower cake for a fried, but the color she wants for it are Purple, Lime Green and Brown two tier cake. The theme will be Modern Mama.

Can someone help me to put this tree color together, seriously I do not have a clue icon_sad.gificon_confused.gif and by the way, Purple is not my favorite color, so I am having a hard time to make this cake for Baby boy. I have seen many beautiful cake with these colors but they are for Girl icon_cry.gif Please Help.

9 replies
mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 6:21am
post #2 of 10

Honestly when you named the colors I immediately saw a version of golf pants.
The diamond shape on end around the sides with over piping in one of the colors--like stitching.
I'm off to the gallery to find one for you.

mommachris

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 6:28am
post #3 of 10

Okay, the version I found was black and white, however if you can just imagine the mom's colors in the both the diamond and the plaid...could be really cute.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2302106/black-and-white-print

mommachris

josefina20 Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 6:51am
post #4 of 10

thanks mommachris
but how can i make the design on the bottom tier? icon_confused.gif

debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 8:17am
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by josefina20

thanks mommachris
but how can i make the design on the bottom tier? icon_confused.gif

How about with a strip making roller (Wilton makes one...not sure if that's what it's actually called). It's like a little rolling pin that you can adjust the width of the strips...as thin as 1/4" I believe. For the thinner strips, maybe you can use a clay extruder for that.

Pearl123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl123 Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 9:37am
post #6 of 10

If you check out Jessica Harris' blog on her technique with patterns on wax paper, that would be ideal for getting that pattern.

Also, I saw another cake on here (can't find it now) which looked very chic and modern. The bottom layer could be covered in flat circles of the colours to match. The top tier can be plain and have a silhoutte of either (if she had kids already) the pregnant mom with a kid, holding a string of balooons... u can use the balloons to bring the pop of colours in purple and lime. Mimic the same colours used in the circles below. If she has no kids, maybe a silhouette of the mom with a stroller, and a string of balloons tied to that?
Wish I could find the pic - its so simple yet quite stunning.

Good luck!

Pearl123 Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 9:41am
post #7 of 10

Bottom tier like this I mean... http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1774398/hope

josefina20 Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 9:49am
post #8 of 10

Pearl123 thanks. Now i am getting a little more inspiration on this

Pearl123 Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 9:53am
post #9 of 10

U welcome!! Hmm am also thinking.. you mentioned "tree"... You could also do a simple white tiered cake and use the colours in a tree. That either goes up or to be different - a branch painted from the right to left of a tier (about 3/4 of the way) and then using cutouts to make it more 3D hanging off the branches. Really makes it pop when its painted and then a curved or shaped cutout is popping off the cake, if u know what I mean.

Missy227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Missy227 Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 3:02pm
post #10 of 10

Your post brings to mind a TV commercial I saw recently that opens with a purple and lime green pinwheel. Those two colors just complement each other so well. The purple was the outside color and the lime green was on the inside. Maybe you could incorporate something like that into your cake design along with your other awesome suggestions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%