Help Asap! Please!

Decorating By megg5 Updated 18 Sep 2012 , 4:01am by DeniseNH

megg5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megg5 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 12:08am
post #1 of 11

I have a last minute order for a wedding cake!! They are very laid back about what they want! They did tell me they wanted a certain cake that I have done, minus the flowers! Her cake will be a two tier, her only request is that I add in her colors (Lavander and orange) BUT the wedding is this sunday so I dont have time to make flowers, because I have other orders!

So I guess I am looking for ideas to incorporate lavander and orange into this vine cake!! The bride suggested scroll work, but i really think it will be too busy

Please any suggestions would be helpful at this point!

I will try to post a picture of the cake she likes of mine!
LL

10 replies
pood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pood Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 12:28am
post #2 of 11

What about just adding some ribbon in her colors to the bottom of each tier?

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 12:33am
post #3 of 11

What about fresh flowers, lillies would be beautiful.

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 12:50am
post #4 of 11

Instead of doing a large gumpaste flower, could you do a small accent flower or flower buds and just scatter a few among the vine?
I don't think it would take much, and it doesn't have to be very big, but it would in cooperate the brides colors onto the cake.

megg5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megg5 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 1:02am
post #5 of 11

Thank you for all your help! She does not want fresh flowers, so my orignal thought was to put ribbon around each tier. But I do think maybe a few buds or blossoms would look pretty!

The bride emailed me and just said "a few specks here or there of our colors would work". Does anyone think, a simple pearl design along with the vines would be too much?

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 2:54am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by megg5

They did tell me they wanted a certain cake that I have done, minus the flowers! Her cake will be a two tier, her only request is that I add in her colors (Lavander and orange) BUT the wedding is this sunday so I dont have time to make flowers, because I have other orders!

Which is it - you don't have time to make flowers or she doesn't want any flowers?

Buttercream roses wouldn't take long to make or you could scatter flower petals on the table.

Tyler4250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tyler4250 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 2:56am
post #7 of 11

What about something like this...making the pearls (fondant balls) in her colors? The fondant balls can take a while, but I do them sometimes just while sitting in front of the tv. Let them dry a little then roll in pearl dust.

http://thepastrystudio.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/PearlDaisy2-copy.jpg

You could add the bigger flower(s) but if you don't have time, I think it would be really cute to have just those little ones with the pearl center. Those would be easy.

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 3:12am
post #8 of 11

I read it as she doesn't want any fresh flowers on the cake and the OP doesn't have time to make GP flowers.

What about just flat fondant cut out flowers like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/thewelldressedcake/5876878564/in/set-72157622840826561

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 3:28am
post #9 of 11

Since the bride suggested scrolls and asked for their colors, I would give her the two things she suggested. Scrollwork, perhaps in white against white buttercream if you are worried about it being too busy, and ribbons at the base of the tiers in their colors.

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 3:41am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissbakesalot

What about just flat fondant cut out flowers like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/thewelldressedcake/5876878564/in/set-72157622840826561

That is so simple and yet so lovely!

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 4:01am
post #11 of 11

She doesn't want flowers so I would stick with white scrolls and the ribbon in her color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%