F150 Cake Made To Scale

Decorating By Tracey2528 Updated 18 Sep 2012 , 9:07pm by Tracey2528

Tracey2528 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracey2528 Posted 17 Sep 2012 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 6

I have to do an F150 cake for a groom's cake in a few weeks and I really want it to be perfect. I've made a couple of vehicles before, but I always just estimated the size and didn't really put too much thought into it - I just kind of eyeballed the sizing. I'm trying to figure out what size the cake will be (it needs to feed about 50 people). I looked up the dimensions of the actual truck on the Ford website and with my calculations I came out with a 20x6" cake....which seems very off to me!! Does anyone else have experience with making things to scale? Any advice?

5 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 17 Sep 2012 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 6

Your number seems about right.

But don't worry about the servings..you can always add a sheet cake under the truck to get the total servings right. Get the truck proportions right for about an 18" long cake, and then see how much more cake you need for the servings.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 12:19pm
post #3 of 6

Yes those measurements are very close, especially for a full size truck with extended cab.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 8:37pm
post #4 of 6

Hi, i used this site(sending link) when i made my red truck. This is according to Mike Mccarry's Cakenology dvd(loved it) I then took them to be resized , etc. and there , i had my carving help. hth My truck ended up being 17" long and 51/2" tall.

http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/trucks/

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 6

I also use the blueprints website when I make cars. Love it!

Tracey2528 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracey2528 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 9:07pm
post #6 of 6

Awesome! Thanks everyone for your replies! I'll feel much better going into it knowing that I'll be making the right size. And using the blueprints is an excellent idea icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%