Recommendations On Baking/cake Decorating Books?

Baking By Kathy107 Updated 17 Sep 2012 , 4:17pm by imagenthatnj

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 17 Sep 2012 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, There are several new cake decorating and baking books that are being released next month. Does anyone plan to buy any of them? Also can you recommend some really good ones that you already have? Thanks.

2 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 17 Sep 2012 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 3

I have looked, but...

Buy Professional Baking by Wayne Gisslen FIRST. Any edition from 3 to 5 on abebooks used is a real good deal.

Second edition of Prof Cake Decorating by Toba Garrett a better deal than the first ed. Good discounts from Amazon and Indigo.

Spend a little money on any Wilton hardback published 1973-1979 on ebay and you will get an excellent book with various piping styles.

I have placed an order for both Alan Dunn books but that is a personal preference NOT a recommendation. NO comments until I have seen both...

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 17 Sep 2012 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 3

For baking, I have this. After buying it, I've given away all the rest of the books I had. I have the digital version on my iPad. It goes with me everywhere.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0132374560/?tag=cakecentral-20

I have almost every book on cake decorating out there. One that has almost every technique explained in a concise manner is The Contemprary Cake Decorating Bible, Lindy Smith. 150 techniques, 80 projects.

Besides that, I've been buying all the craftsy classes. There's ine with Colette Peters that's amazing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%