Traveling 4 Hours With Cupcakes

Decorating By dcallar Updated 17 Sep 2012 , 3:31am by icer101

dcallar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcallar Posted 17 Sep 2012 , 2:46am
post #1 of 2

Help!

One of my oldest friends is getting married and asked me if I would do 150 cupcakes. My first thought was to bake and frost here and transport. That's a lot of boxes to transport considering I can't stack and still have room for my luggage.

Two other options: Bake at home and....1. leave really early and use the on-site kitchen to frost. 2. make the frosting here and take it, rewhip and frost. So nervous. I do my own thing at home. I know I'll be under pressure when someone else is relying on you. ANY ADVICE? Any recipes that are good to take and re-whip over others. She wants cream cheese but will leave it up to me. So maybe there is a better BC....I don't know. How do people do this?

All friends love my cupcakes and decorations but I only live 2 minutes from work....not 4 hours. YIKES

1 reply
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 17 Sep 2012 , 3:31am
post #2 of 2

I personally would make the c/c and take. Make the c/c icing there. Carmijok(c/cer) has a great recipe for c/c frosting. you can google cream cheese icing by carmijok on cake central. Read the thread and you will see. If not let me know. I make c/c icing all the time. Hers is a little firmer than mine, but taste is great like mine. There is a decorators c/c icing on here. But you use butter, c/c and crisco or hi-ratio shortening. It is good, but not as good as original c/c nor as good as carmijok's, she says she use to work at a bakery and that is what they used. So , just give it a try and you will see how good it is. I would keep ingredients cold , or buy when you get there. hello? ha!!!!! good luck. what flavor c/c are you making. They will be delicious with this c/c icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%