Edible Printer

Decorating By ncaggie68 Updated 18 Sep 2012 , 11:16pm by ncaggie68

ncaggie68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncaggie68 Posted 15 Sep 2012 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 8

Can someone please help. I have a small homebased cupcake business and i really want to purchase a edible printer. i was told that the ink clogs and it will not be a good investment. if i purchase one i would say that i would most likely use it 3-4 times a month but by christmas i should be able to use it more. i found the inkebles canaon ip3600 bundle package on this site. what should i do?

7 replies
DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 15 Sep 2012 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 8

I bought a cannon and the ink cartridges because I want to start learning how to print on gumpaste sheets and then put them into my Silhouette to be cut into precise shapes. Sigh...........with all the cakes I have this year I haven't been able to use it but once - to print out a mock page for a Fairy Tale book. I know that when I use it again the ink will be clogged. With how little you use it I would just keep bringing the items you want copied to the grocery store and have them do it for you then backcharge the customer. The only time I use mine is to dust it off.

WeezyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WeezyS Posted 15 Sep 2012 , 4:38pm
post #3 of 8

I love my edible printer. I have a CanonMG 5220. .
I would recommend Icing Images if you are going to purchase ink and paper. They have they best, have excellant customer service and I have never had any complaints or problems with their products or services. I purchased my first printer from them six years ago, and still use all their products.(they also belong to cc). You can purchase the whole package from them or purchase your printer seperate and use their products. I would NOT recommend using any other ink or paper.
They also tell you to run your printer at least once a week to keep your ink flowing and prevent clogs. This works.
Good Luck, and I hope you enjoy your printer, it is very useful.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 15 Sep 2012 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 8

Did you know you can run 1 sheet of regular paper thru your printer about once a week to prevent clogging?

If mine clog I remove the print head and let it soak in warm water for about 2-3 minutes (not fully submerged just the little metal pieces, sorry forgot what their called) dry thoroughly, replace Then run a full print cleaning once or twice. That usually clears it up for me.

But I use mine so much it rarely clogs. You can offer to print pages for other cakers in your area as well.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 15 Sep 2012 , 5:20pm
post #5 of 8

Printing once a week will prevent clogs. So you should not be concerned.

Remember that you must NEVER NEVER load the paper-printing cartridges if you want to print with edible ink. Sell those original cartridges off to somebody else.

You can buy empty refillable cartridges and edible ink in bottles.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 16 Sep 2012 , 1:05pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyS

I love my edible printer. I have a CanonMG 5220. .
I would recommend Icing Images if you are going to purchase ink and paper. They have they best, have excellant customer service and I have never had any complaints or problems with their products or services. I purchased my first printer from them six years ago, and still use all their products.(they also belong to cc). You can purchase the whole package from them or purchase your printer seperate and use their products. I would NOT recommend using any other ink or paper.
They also tell you to run your printer at least once a week to keep your ink flowing and prevent clogs. This works.
Good Luck, and I hope you enjoy your printer, it is very useful.

Ditto! I have used many brands of ink and frosting sheets and find icingimages gold label inks and premium frosting sheets to be the best. I print on paper once a week and have never had a clog. You wont find beter customer service any where. I love my canon printer and my relationship with icingimages. They also have frosting sheets in colors as well as software for printing. If you ever have a question just contact Debbie, she is always willing to help.

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 16 Sep 2012 , 1:47pm
post #7 of 8

I prefer epson. I have had canon. It seamed to clog. I use epson it has been very reliable. I started as a home based. I now have a shop. I don't use the printer all the time, but when I do it has been there with no problems.

ncaggie68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncaggie68 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 11:16pm
post #8 of 8

thanks everyone. has anyone ever purchased an edible printer from inkedibles? i found them on this site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%