Ck Product Price??

Business By meggsie Updated 14 Sep 2012 , 3:51pm by inspiredbymom

meggsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggsie Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 6

I am hoping someone could help me. I am not looking for an exact number just a round about. I am wanting to know if the petal/luster is cheaper than 2.00? If so a lot cheaper, about the same???
What about the disco dust??? Cheaper than 3.50?? Again if so a lot cheaper or about the same?

I am applying for my business license now (just waiting to figure out a name) and will order from them later but I REALLY need some dust for a class I am teaching. Should I just wait or purchase it for the 2.00 and 3.50???

Thanks Megan

5 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 6

The price list I have has petal dust from 1.76 to 2.05 depending on how many you buy. Disco dust $2.45 to 2.85.

I will warn you that I had my credit card number stolen TWICE after ordering from them, and a bunch of other people said the same thing happened. They don't offer paypal as an option for checkout, so if you're going to buy from them I'd get a prepaid card and use that, not your regular card. Since I stopped ordering from them my number has not been stolen, and I have no doubt that using it at CK is where they got the number.

meggsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggsie Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 6

WOW... that scares me about the credit card info.

So online where they dont show you prices it is starting at 1.75.

Where can I buy BULK/WHOLESALE cake products like petal dust at an even cheaper price?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 12:26am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by meggsie

WOW... that scares me about the credit card info.

So online where they dont show you prices it is starting at 1.75.

Where can I buy BULK/WHOLESALE cake products like petal dust at an even cheaper price?

I don't know that there are a whole lot of places cheaper than that, it's a pretty low price. I think that's the cheapest I've seen it, but I haven't looked around too much either.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 6

You might want to check out this source. I've purchased from them before, altho not the bulk items. Their regular dusts are $1.99, however if 6 of the same color, it's $1.75. Here is the link: (I went straight to the bulk section.)

http://www.lusterdust.com/bupedu2oz4oz1.html

Hope this helps'

Jan

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 6

milkmaid42, I was going to suggest fondant source! I didn't realize that they had a luster dust website all on it own. Awesome! I do order from CK, but if I need something quick and don't have the min. order required, I ck out fondant source and global sugar arts. This will add to my arsenal of go to places! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%