Refrigerate Candy Melt Dipped Pretzels??

Sugar Work By hellocupcakebakery Updated 13 Sep 2012 , 3:49pm by hellocupcakebakery

hellocupcakebakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellocupcakebakery Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone! I'm new here but I've been stalking these boards for a while now to help me with ideas etc. I'm assuming I'm posting this topic in the right board but if not, please let me know. I made some Rapunzel tower pretzels made from pretzel rods, candy melts and piped royal icing last night for a client that I'm delivering to on Sunday. My question is, now they are all in their cello bags and pretty but it's going to be HOT here, like 100 degrees, for the next few days (and we live by the beach and have no a/c) so should I refrigerate them or store them in the cupboard?? I just don't want to go to pull the out of the cupboard on Sunday and find them a melty nasty mess, nor do I want to pull them out of the fridge and find them wet and sticky. Obviously, candy melts are not my specialty so I'm asking anyone for guidance! Thank you so much!

2 replies
dantherex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dantherex Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 3

If you put royal icing in the fridge, it will absorb plenty of moisture and lose it's rock hard characteristics and become a mush of sugar.

Keep them in a place in your house thats away from sunlight and has a consistent room temperature, maybe a closet or something?

hellocupcakebakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellocupcakebakery Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantherex

If you put royal icing in the fridge, it will absorb plenty of moisture and lose it's rock hard characteristics and become a mush of sugar.

Keep them in a place in your house thats away from sunlight and has a consistent room temperature, maybe a closet or something?

Ahh thank you so much! I was so busy worrying about the candy melts I wasn't even thinking about the royal icing! Thanks a bunch icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%