Dawn's Food Products

Business By MoniCakes7818 Updated 14 Sep 2012 , 3:29pm by leah_s

MoniCakes7818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MoniCakes7818 Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 12:35pm
post #1 of 10

Hi, I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area but I didn't see anyother place to post. So I'm a home baker, I do it as a hobby but lately I've been getting a ton of orders from friends and family so technically it's turned in to my side job (which I love thumbs_up.gif ) Anyway I wanted to purchase products from Dawn's Food Products and have been having the worse time ever! I can never get any where with them. I've tried calling and placing an order but they say they can't give me pricing. IDK I'm just frustrated and wanted to know if anyhome bakers have bought from them or had any success.
thanks so much icon_smile.gif

9 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 10

As far as I know, Dawn Foods only sells to businesses and they do not deliver to residential addresses. You will need to become a proper business with license/permit, and find a business that will act as a drop-off point.

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 1:08pm
post #3 of 10

Also, they have a minimum of order of $500.00 which is a lot even for commercial bakers to buy at one time and store. They are not always a very friendly or accommodating company even to their business partners.

erin2345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin2345 Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 12:57am
post #4 of 10

The ppl who work at Dawn are extremely unhelpful. Even the delivery men are rude. Maybe try asking to get a rep assigned to you. When I dealt with Dawn we apparently had a rep, though he never came around or helped in any way.

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 1:25am
post #5 of 10

Yep, I have a rep and all he wants to do is email...won't pick up a phone and call. I have switched vendors!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 1:45pm
post #6 of 10

They raised their minimum to $600.00 here and they do deliver to a residence but like others have said..That is alot for a small business to buy and store in a home.I do get good prices though and I do have a rep who does call and email...Love their Deccorice fondant...smells and tastes like cotton candy...as for anything else..I only buy icing sugar and fondant...

Kima920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kima920 Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 1:55pm
post #7 of 10

I wonder if they you pick up instead of delivery if you meet the general requirements.. I live in York and Dawn Foods is about 15 minutes from and I just realized about 6 months ago that they were there lol... Maybe if you live in the PA/MD/NJ area it might be worth your time to see if you can pick up your products since they don't deliver to residential addresses.
Kima

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 2:33pm
post #8 of 10

Yes..I think they allow pickups also..Just ask...

mommy1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy1st Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 3:04pm
post #9 of 10

I use the Dawn Food Company by where I live and have never had a problem. When I want to place an order, I call the day before I want to pick it up or early that day. They have me under a " will call account". I am reqired to pay in full at the time of pick up. As I only get a couple things at a time, I have never inquired about delivery. The have told me that if I opened an account with them, I would save quite a bit of money ( as the will call accounts are charged more than standared customers). Hope this helps.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 3:29pm
post #10 of 10

I've been using Dawn for years and years and never had a problem. If you go thru Will Call and pick it up yourself, there is no minimum order. I've gone and gotten one bag of flour (under $20).

We call the morning and pick up the same day. Easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%