How Long Will It Keep And Am I Storing It Right?

Decorating By t8ergrl Updated 13 Sep 2012 , 5:39am by CWR41

t8ergrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
t8ergrl Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 4:36pm
post #1 of 3

(I wasn't sure what forum to post this in)
I had made fondant MMF a couple weeks ago and BC last week (no dairy in recipe), and I baked the layers of the cake for my hubby's birthday party (was expecting 30 people so it was going to be a large cake). I wrapped the MMF in plastic wrap a couple of times and then put it in a gallon bag and squeezed out the air. I thought it could keep a couple weeks like that at room temperature. I also figured the BC would keep several days in a big container with a lid at room temperature. I wrapped the cake layers and froze them as soon as they were cool, I knew it was best to carve when frozen or at least really cold. The problem I have is we had an out of town death in the family and had to cancel my hubby;s party so we could go to the funeral. Now I have this MMF, BC and cake and I don't know how long it will keep or if it will keep what do I need to do?
I know I will need to do something with it TODAY if I'm supposed to store it differently.
Thanks for your help! icon_confused.gif

2 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 12:05am
post #2 of 3

How long did you have to put off the party? The MMF and BC should keep fine, you can freeze the BC too. Just take it out a couple days before you need to use it and be prepared to have to mix it a few minutes in your mixer.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 5:39am
post #3 of 3

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%