Cakes (Brave) Friends And Family Have Made For You

Lounge By Crazy-Gray Updated 13 Sep 2012 , 12:34pm by diddlydee

Crazy-Gray Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 12:49pm
post #1 of 6

This year my wife made ME a birthday cake icon_smile.gif my first since I started making them! She (somehow) read my recipe book, she hijacked my cake room, she used my materials, she called downstairs while I did the ironing (watched TV) "how do I cover a cake with this soft icing stuff?".... and "how do I make something stick"... it was almost impossible not to interfere! The fondant was literally an inch thick, there was enough cake for 60 servings (between the two of us!) but its my favourite cake ever icon_smile.gif

Lets share pics of cakes total non-cakers have made for us and congratulate them on their bravery icon_smile.gif

5 replies
cakecraving Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 6

I will first start off by saying I have never had someone try and make me a cake since I stepped foot into caking.
Second your wife is amazing if this is her first cake maybe you should consider making her a partner. icon_smile.gif
Third if my memory serves me correctly you made your own wedding cake, what are you nuts. Oh well maybe with the name Crazy-Gary. Your wedding cake is stunning. You and your wife should both be proud. Talent obviously runs in your family. Congrats to you both icon_smile.gif

cakecraving Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 6

oops sorry about the name mistake I meant Gray icon_smile.gif

Crazy-Gray Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 2:00pm
post #4 of 6

Yup that's her first ever cake how great is she?! I was totally stunned! It even had 30 candles- I always forget to leave a place for candles.

There were soooo many questions called downstairs over the days about how to do things, the temptation to help out was killing me! I left a ganache recipe out nice and obvious so no matter what she made it'd be pretty sturdy and I made up loads of leftover colours hmmm, I did say I hadn't interfered but subconsciously I think I did!! Lol

Thought I was nuts to make our wedding cake too at the time but Im happy I did now, actually I think whilst I was in the middle of it I recommended on a post to someone that they shouldnt make their own! lol I should go back and apologise icon_smile.gif

my wife as a partner. There would be silent competitiveness and midnight sabotage what do you mean the head fell off your horse gray, thats sooooo sad lol

jgifford Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 7:47pm
post #5 of 6

Oh, crap! Crazy Gary and his wife are both crazy good! icon_lol.gif

diddlydee Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 12:34pm
post #6 of 6

Ha ha this is great!
I was given two giant chocolate cupcakes, it took the girls 6 trys to bake two almost good ones - bless - they decorated one each - one a mushroom, they used RHUBARB jam to attach the fondant which was hilariously horrible- it still makes me chuckle when I see rhubarb jam in the store! The other was a rabbit hill covered in thick royal icing grass and fondant rabbit butts sticking out of their holes. If only I had a picture for you to see... like you though I labsolutely oved them icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%