What Is This Technique??

Decorating By nashcedeno Updated 12 Sep 2012 , 3:46pm by CWR41

nashcedeno Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 11:24am
post #1 of 6

please help, what is this technique?? How can I do something like this??

5 replies
Pearl123 Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 12:04pm
post #2 of 6

Its not a real cake, its glass actually....

AnnieCahill Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 12:11pm
post #3 of 6

Yep, looks like glass to me too.

Pearl123 Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 6

there were a couple posts about this yesterday I think, where the link to this was posted, but I can't find it now.

However I would think to recreate the shape would be simple, to get that shiny look either fondant that is painted/airbrushed with pearl lustre dust.

OR a kind of poured RI which you would get a somewhat glassy look, and definitely the high gloss? Let us know if you do it and how!

matthewkyrankelly Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 1:02pm
post #5 of 6

It is glass, by Sweet and Shiny in Brooklyn, NY.

You could get a similar effect with blown sugar, but that would take some pretty solid skills.

CWR41 Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 3:46pm
post #6 of 6

Quote by @%username% on %date%