Cake And Cupcake Toppers

Decorating By reginaherrin Updated 13 Sep 2012 , 10:52pm by Diana81

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 11 Sep 2012 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 2

I am a little peeved at this woman that I just had an appointment with. She just set the appointment up to look at my cake toppers and apparently already has another bakery doing her cupcakes (which I did not know). I have a vendor that I get my monogram wedding cake toppers from, the really pretty rhinestone ones and are actually not too bad of a price (they can get pretty expensive). I also make my own monogram toppers which I usually use for birthday cakes. They are really pretty and I have 2 sizes. The big ones are about 3-4" and are $15 per letter or number and the smaller ones are about 2 1/2" and are $8 each and they are pretty scroll numbers and letter and you can pick whatever background color you want and are fully covered with rhinestones. I know these prices are super reasonable and I really don't make much money on them, I just offer them as a cheaper alternative to the more expensive ones for my customers. Well this lady liked the smaller ones and told me she wanted to order 4 and I told her the price and she thought they would be cheaper and told me she would talk to her baker and get back to me (which is code for no way is she ordering these). It just peeves me that I went out of my way to set the appointment up (I am by appointment only) for her to come in when I have a full day today and she ends up thinking I'm too expensive. I get people being cheap but geez do they think I can give stuff away? Sorry so long I just had to vent and thanks for listening.

1 reply
Diana81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Diana81 Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 10:52pm
post #2 of 2

Lol! Sorry u went thru that! People should see what it takes to even smooth a cake with buttercream. That alone is work. They should be informed about he work we put into baking and decorating

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%