Fondant

Decorating By CSIMisty Updated 9 Sep 2012 , 8:44pm by CSIMisty

CSIMisty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CSIMisty Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 3:02am
post #1 of 5

Could someone please tell me how to get my fondant to roll easily? I bought pre-packaged fondant and while I left it out for 1 hour (I had it in refrigerator previously) before using, it was hard to roll.

Also, how to find fondant or a recipe that tastes good? My family says it leaves an after taste (this is the store bought kind).

Thanks!

4 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 3:40am
post #2 of 5

You can microwave it for 15 seconds at a time on low until it's the right consistency to roll. BTW, fondant doesn't need to be refrigerated.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 3:44am
post #3 of 5

Toba Garret has a great fondant recipe. Michelle Foster(c/cer) has a great recipe on this site. It is not m/m fondant, It is regular fondant and many c/cer love it and so do i. hth

eperales0411 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eperales0411 Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 3:50am
post #4 of 5

Hi CSIMisty, I don't consider myself an expert but this my input...my question is why did you refrigerate your fondant? icon_confused.gif My understanding is that fondant has a long shelf live at room temp. I would think if you are putting your fondant in the fridge you need to let it rest and get to room temp before trying to roll, also you can use cornstarch in your surface and rolling pin, this should help with the sticking. I normally use Satin Ice fondant vanilla flavor, sometimes I use the Fondarific fondant because it has a better flavor than Satin Ice (my opinion). In Texas the wheather is very hot and sometimes very humid, so this also plays a roll at the time of choosing which fondant to use. Sometimes I just mix 50/50 Satin/Fondarific and get just the perfect texture and flavor. I normally get my fondant from Globalsugarart online, they have good deals/sales on fondant sometimes and shipping is not too bad and they ship in about a week. I hope this info helps! Good baking!! thumbs_up.gif

CSIMisty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CSIMisty Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you for your advice!! I will be looking into the recipes and products. I refrigerated it because I wasn't sure how long it would last on the shelf. I bought it for a project but it was like 3-4 months later that I finished using it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%