Fondant

Decorating By CSIMisty Updated 9 Sep 2012 , 8:44pm by CSIMisty

CSIMisty Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 3:02am
post #1 of 5

Could someone please tell me how to get my fondant to roll easily? I bought pre-packaged fondant and while I left it out for 1 hour (I had it in refrigerator previously) before using, it was hard to roll.

Also, how to find fondant or a recipe that tastes good? My family says it leaves an after taste (this is the store bought kind).

Thanks!

4 replies
Elcee Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 3:40am
post #2 of 5

You can microwave it for 15 seconds at a time on low until it's the right consistency to roll. BTW, fondant doesn't need to be refrigerated.

icer101 Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 3:44am
post #3 of 5

Toba Garret has a great fondant recipe. Michelle Foster(c/cer) has a great recipe on this site. It is not m/m fondant, It is regular fondant and many c/cer love it and so do i. hth

eperales0411 Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 3:50am
post #4 of 5

Hi CSIMisty, I don't consider myself an expert but this my input...my question is why did you refrigerate your fondant? icon_confused.gif

CSIMisty Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you for your advice!! I will be looking into the recipes and products. I refrigerated it because I wasn't sure how long it would last on the shelf. I bought it for a project but it was like 3-4 months later that I finished using it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%