3D Carver Lemur Cake....how Do I Structure

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 10 Sep 2012 , 11:41pm by Rachie204

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 2:06pm
post #1 of 4

I have a cake to make next weekend for a groom. The cake will be a lemur, while I can make him lying down I would really like to make him in this position. http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/ca-lemur/ But I really dont know how that would work as far as structure. Any ideas? I know some of those like Doug usually can look at a shape and easily determine how to build the base. I am not gifted in that area. TIA

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 2:10am
post #2 of 4

You can just do a cake in the shape of the body, then make the head out of RK treats and put it on a platform holder structure thingy. The tail wouldn't be cake, that you could make out of a central wire structure and build the tail up over that with RK treats and melted chocolate to keep it stiff. I don't know if I've ever done a tutorial on how to do the head part like that or not, I do it all the time with dog cakes. Email me and I'll send you a sketch.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 2:17am
post #3 of 4

See if this makes sense...It does to me but that doesn't mean anyone else will understand what I'm thinking icon_rolleyes.gif
LL

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 10 Sep 2012 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 4

thanks costumeczar....makes perfect sense(so sweet of you to go to that trouble). I will post pictures when I am done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%