How Do I Achieve This Look?

Decorating By Debi2 Updated 8 Sep 2012 , 7:56pm by DeliciousDesserts

Debi2 Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 2:04am
post #1 of 4

My daughter would like this design for her wedding cake and I'm wondering if you all think this is a fondant covered cake with the fondant/gumpaste cutouts added, or buttercream with fondant/gumpaste cutouts attached? Any tips would also be greatly appreciated! icon_wink.gif

3 replies
Diana81 Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 4

Silicone molds maybe?

MsGF Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 4

To me it looks like the cake is covered in white fondant and then ivory gum paste flowers and leaves are attached. The gum paste flowers and leaves look like they have some royal icing details on them.

Beautiful cake. Good Luck

DeliciousDesserts Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 4

Cake can be either fondant or buttercream. Won't really matter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%