Renting Cupcake Stand

Business By BlueSkyGirl Updated 9 Sep 2012 , 12:38am by DeliciousDesserts

BlueSkyGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueSkyGirl Posted 7 Sep 2012 , 1:36pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I rent my Wilton Towering Tiers cupcake stand to people (non-cake customers). I take a $25 rental fee and a $75 damage deposit. The new stand costs $99.

Does anybody else who does this offer some kind of mini tutorial on how to properly store and transport it? Someone came to pick it up yesterday and I cringed as I saw her putting it into the trunk of her car as she left.

I came to pick it up from another customers' house and they were like "Oh yeah, let me get it from the garage."

Any advice ??? Anyone have experience with the Wilton Towering Tiers stand? How fragile is it really??
The price they pay basically covers a new stand but it would be nice for these things to have a reasonably long life.

2 replies
BlueSkyGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueSkyGirl Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 3

Has anybody had their stands easily damaged?

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 12:38am
post #3 of 3

Sorry, I am not familiar with this particular stand.

I will say that my Policies & Procedures contract specifically states that the client is responsible for returning the stand in the same condition. I once had a bride send the stand with the caterer & the leg was damaged. Hard to hold the company (with whom I work ALOT) liable. Lesson learned, contract revised!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%