Help! My Whipped Ganache Failed - How Do I Fix It?

Baking By ccrcata Updated 7 Sep 2012 , 7:47am by Bluehue

ccrcata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccrcata Posted 7 Sep 2012 , 1:05am
post #1 of 3

Ok, so I don't know if there is such a think as whipped ganache...My idea was to use equal parts of cream and chocolate, cool it off and then whipped to get a fluffy filling. Well...after I whipped and whipped was still fluif. Then I whipped more and it "cut"/curdled.

Please tell me that there is a way to fix this. PLEASE! icon_cry.gif

2 replies
MKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MKC Posted 7 Sep 2012 , 2:31am
post #2 of 3

I don't think you can fix it. I think you whipped it too much and the cream turned into butter.

Your idea of part cream and chocolate is good. The mixture has to be very cold to whip it. You need to refrigerate it for at least 5 hours.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 7 Sep 2012 , 7:47am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrcata

Ok, so I don't know if there is such a think as whipped ganache...My idea was to use equal parts of cream and chocolate,...Hmmmm, there is your mistake - using EQUAL parts iof chocolate and cream... You need to use ONE part Cream to TWO parts chocolate...otherwise your ganache won't *set*.
cool it off and then whipped to get a fluffy filling. Well...after I whipped and whipped was still fluif. Then I whipped more and it "cut"/curdled.
It curlded???? - hmmmmm i am thinking it may have seperated.....Please tell me that there is a way to fix this. PLEASE! icon_cry.gif

Have a taste of it with a spoon - if it tastes ok ...You could melt another amount of chocolate that you first used.. add it to your bowl of Ganache.... stir until incorporated.... let it sit over night and it should be fine.

Bluehue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%