Need Advice For Transporting Fondant Draped Cake

Decorating By laneycake Updated 16 Jan 2013 , 9:38am by BlakesCakes

laneycake Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all,

Need a little advice on how to transport a fondant draped cake. Normally, I would take the drape and do it onsite, but on this particular cake, there is a bunch of piping detail on the drape and I don't want to spend a bunch of time onsite piping (especially with people watching!) icon_surprised.gif

My current plan is to do everything at home and then transport very carefully with a repair kit of matching burgundy icing for repairs. The reception site is less than 10 miles away, so not a terrible trip. What would ya'll do? Am I nuts for risking cracking on the drape?

Here is a link to the cake I'm replicating:
http://sugarcraft-india.blogspot.com/2008/07/four-tier-wedding-cake-falling-drape.html

2 replies
mcaulir Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 11:00pm
post #2 of 3

Your link doesn't work, sorry. I think you'd be fine to transport with drapes already in place.

BlakesCakes Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 3

The word sugarcraft is being blocked in the link. Take out the periods, insert, and you'll see the cake with a maroon drape.

I see no reason why it can't be completed before transport. I'd use thick gum glue to attach the drape, allow it to set in place, and then pipe on the deco.

JMHO
Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%