My Cake Is Nice And Fluffy Till It Came Out Of The Oven

Decorating By bty_2006 Updated 5 Sep 2012 , 2:38pm by bty_2006

bty_2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bty_2006 Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,
I am from Egypt and i love decorating cakes, i always use ready made cake mix, but i want to make a sponge cake from scratch.

I tried several times and every time it didn't work and the cake is nice and fluffy till it comes out of the oven. Within seconds it becomes flat icon_sad.gif

I do not know the reason, here is the recipe that i use

Ingredients:
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of shifted flour
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of cake improver
- vanilla

I mix the eggs , sugar , vanilla and cake improver for 5-7 min then add the cake gradually and the water and mix for 7 min
and i bake the cake for 20-30 min at 125°C, it is supposed to be 180°C for 40 min but my oven is too hot and i preheat the oven for 15 min before baking the cake.

Any help please and if there is a trusted recipe for sponge cake would you please share it

Thanks

2 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 2:00pm
post #2 of 3

There is no fat in your recipe? What size mold/tin did you make that amount of mixture in? Did you test it with a toothpick before you took it out of the oven? At a first guess, I would say that your cake is not fully baked (so it rises in the oven, but is really not cooked so it sinks as it cools as there is no structure to it). I would try baking again, but for longer time.

bty_2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bty_2006 Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayti

There is no fat in your recipe? What size mold/tin did you make that amount of mixture in? Did you test it with a toothpick before you took it out of the oven? At a first guess, I would say that your cake is not fully baked (so it rises in the oven, but is really not cooked so it sinks as it cools as there is no structure to it). I would try baking again, but for longer time.

Hi Dayti
No there is no fat in the recipe, i think it depends on the amount of air which is beaten into the mixture before baking and the size of the cake pan was 30 and i tested the cake after 20 min with a toothpick and it came out clean.
Thanks for your reply

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%