Help!

Decorating By hperez Updated 9 Sep 2012 , 4:42am by Diana81

hperez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hperez Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 2:19am
post #1 of 4

I make regular vanilla cake, pillsbury, I add the sugar & water boiled mixture to make it a little more moist. I then let the cake sit, room temperature overnight , then butercreme. My problem is the next day the buttercreamed cake has a huge air bubble on the side, I have to take off all the butercreme & redecorate it. Does anyone know why this happens? Or how I can avoid it? I live in Miami , it happens with the fondant too! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

3 replies
Diana81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Diana81 Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 4

Maybe the humidity there? What kind of buttercream and fondant do u use?

hperez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hperez Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 2:36am
post #3 of 4

I use satin ice fondant, & I also buy pre made buttercream, in a 25 pound bucket

Diana81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Diana81 Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 4:42am
post #4 of 4

There may be many reasons why this is happening. For me, it use to happen because I didn t freeze my cake. What I do now is that I put a somewhat thin layer of buttercream over my cake ( crumb coat it ). Then I put it in the freezer for 30 mins. I touch it to feel how hard it is and if it s hard ( as opposed to soft) I then cover the cake with another coat of buttercream, then freeze it again for 30 mins. I do this about three times, until I m satisfied with the smooth aspect of my buttercream covered cake. When u finally cover the cake with the fondant, make sure that the buttercream is still hard on the cake. Also make sure u don t roll the fondant out too thin. Let the layer of fondant be at least 1/4 inch thick. That s one possible solution to the problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%