Help With An Offer On Cakes

Business By Cakesbydi Updated 5 Sep 2012 , 1:41am by vgcea

Cakesbydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesbydi Posted 3 Sep 2012 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all!
I am a newbie to the business. Completed the courses thru Wilton, etc. I have had orders from friends, family, friends of friends and family etc.
Last weekend I took my wedding dress to a new consignment shoppe in my local town (Fredericksburg,VA) and while talking to the owner I mentioned my cakes.
I got a voice mail, text message and a Facebook message from her this weekend...(I was camping where there was NO signal) about a business offer.
She is as I said, A consignment shoppe.....she has a florist, photographer, etc on board to offer a PACKAGE deal to brides...and she wants to use me as her cake person.
She is asking what type of cake can be between $150-$250 with 3 options to offer.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any help is appreciated!
This would be a great boost to my business...as long as I am still making a profit.
Any input is appreciated!
Thanks, Di

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Sep 2012 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 4

Well, at that price point there's not much you could do. Even at $3 per serving for bc cake, and only offering a 3 tier/75 serving cake, you've only got $25 left for delivery. It would have to be swiss dots or simple swirls and all white on white. For that price point you can't even take the extra time to color the icing. And definitely not color-match. And very limited flavors, like chocolate, yellow and white only. There's just not much $ there.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Sep 2012 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 4

Oh, wait. Once you add in the cost for SPS, you're going to have to charge extra if they want delivery.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 1:41am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Well, at that price point there's not much you could do. Even at $3 per serving for bc cake, and only offering a 3 tier/75 serving cake, you've only got $25 left for delivery. It would have to be swiss dots or simple swirls and all white on white. For that price point you can't even take the extra time to color the icing. And definitely not color-match. And very limited flavors, like chocolate, yellow and white only. There's just not much $ there.

^^^ icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%