Springform Pan For Regular Cakes?

Decorating By Sherri2012 Updated 13 Sep 2012 , 1:50am by Sherri2012

Sherri2012 Posted 2 Sep 2012 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 6

I have never used a springform pan before and someone gave me some nice ones today in different shapes. Can I use them to bake a WASC cake in? What do people usually make in springform pans? Just cheesecake?

Thanks for helping. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 2 Sep 2012 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 6

I use the mini ones to make smash cakes and tasting cakes. I think they're great. You can line the bottom with parchment paper if you're worried it will seep but mine never do. If you are using large ones, you will definately need flower nails because I think the larger springforms are deeper than 2 inches.

Elcee Posted 2 Sep 2012 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 6

I use my springform pans for regular cakes all the time. I like the odd sizes. Mine have never leaked but they're good quality. That being said, I wrap them in foil and put them on a baking sheet because there's always that first time icon_smile.gif.

Addictive_desserts Posted 2 Sep 2012 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 6

I love baking in them. I bake upto 10" round with no challenges whatsoever. I line the bottom to be sure and always turns out great!

Momy2Boys Posted 2 Sep 2012 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 6

I only use springform pans and have several sizes ranging from 4" to 12" and have never had an issue. I don't line mine either and have never had one leak. I think they are so much nicer to get cakes out of than regular pans!

Sherri2012 Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 1:50am
post #6 of 6

Wow, thanks a lot for your replies. I never got notifications that there were replies, so I am so sorry my thank you is this late! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%