Problems With My Ganache

Decorating By Sugarsweetcafe Updated 2 Sep 2012 , 6:05pm by cheatize

Sugarsweetcafe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarsweetcafe Posted 2 Sep 2012 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 4

I made the "Chocolate Ganache I "recipe thats on this site and I am not sure if something went wrong. When it is at room temperature the ganache was very very loose.

Since I was making truffles I did put the ganache in the fridge I didnt let it set at room temperature. Maybe that did something to it? This is only the second time making ganache, I always had the impression that when it was set at room temperature the consistancy of the ganache would be that of a peanut butter consistancy, am I correct?

I do not believe it was too hot in my house, we usually have the AC running when it gets bad.

Is it supposed to be really loose, it wasnt even the consistancy of the canned icing in the stores, was really bad..

I appreciate the help icon_smile.gif

3 replies
gbbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gbbaker Posted 2 Sep 2012 , 3:20pm
post #2 of 4

I use 1 pound of chocolate and 2 tbl butter and 1 cup of heavy cream with 2 tbls of corn syrup with the heavy cream. I bring the cream to boil and pour over finely chopped chocolate and cover bowl with plastic wrap for a few minutes , then whisk till smooth. I usually put the ganache in fridge and whisk periodically till it the thickness I want. If it gets too thick you can microwave at 1/2 power for 20 second intervals. Did you use semisweet chocolate(milk and white take less liquid)?

Sugarsweetcafe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarsweetcafe Posted 2 Sep 2012 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the reply. icon_smile.gif Yep I used semi sweet 2:1 chocolate to cream ratio.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 2 Sep 2012 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 4

Melt some more chocolate and stir it in completely.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%