Help Finding Photo Please Flower On Tier

Decorating By DeliciousDesserts Updated 3 Sep 2012 , 9:24pm by costumeczar

DeliciousDesserts Posted 30 Aug 2012 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 18

Recently, someone posted a photo of a beautiful wedding cake. One of the tiers was covered with a rose or peony with petals spread out over the tier. I'm sure I'm not describing this well.

I can't seem to fix the photo. Anyone know what I'm describing & can send me to a photo?

Thank you in advance

17 replies
costumeczar Posted 30 Aug 2012 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 18

Why thank you for that fabulous example, haha! There's also the white one that's all over the place http://www.sweetandsaucyshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/147.jpg

Then there are ones that have the smaller flower like this https://www.etsy.com/listing/86371130/large-gumpaste-flower-for-wedding-cakes

DeliciousDesserts Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 12:32am
post #5 of 18

You guys are so wonderful!!!

The one I was looking for is very similar except there is space between some of the petals & they are all on one tier, but I think these will help.

Now, I just have to figure out all the details of how to make it!

karateka Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 12:57am
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Why thank you for that fabulous example, haha! There's also the white one that's all over the place http://www.sweetandsaucyshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/147.jpg

Then there are ones that have the smaller flower like this https://www.etsy.com/listing/86371130/large-gumpaste-flower-for-wedding-cakes

icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

costumeczar Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 1:34am
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts

You guys are so wonderful!!!

The one I was looking for is very similar except there is space between some of the petals & they are all on one tier, but I think these will help.

Now, I just have to figure out all the details of how to make it!

Just make a buttload of petals, then add them to the back of a central flower. Not difficult at all.

DeliciousDesserts Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 11:56am
post #8 of 18

Thanks Costumeczar. I figured that part. The parts I am questioning are goats v 50/50, how big to make the center, size of petals. Some can't really be answered until I get the dummy. I'll be using a 6" tall dummy for this part of the cake.

costumeczar Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 1:08pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:

Thanks Costumeczar. I figured that part. The parts I am questioning are goats v 50/50, how big to make the center, size of petals. Some can't really be answered until I get the dummy. I'll be using a 6" tall dummy for this part of the cake.

I've done a bunch of these, so if you have questions fel free to ask. I'm doing one this weekend, too.

shanter Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 3:34pm
post #10 of 18
Quote:

I would love to know what "goats" means in this context. I am unfamiliar with it.

DeliciousDesserts Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 3:37pm
post #11 of 18

Ha ha ha!!! Auto correct in my phone. That should be gumpaste. No goats will be harmed during the making of....or even near this cake!

costumeczar Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 5:50pm
post #12 of 18

I hate autocorrect....I use gumpaste for the petals.

costumeczar Posted 3 Sep 2012 , 4:32pm
post #13 of 18

Here's a video I made of the one I had to do this weekend. This should give you an idea of how to put it together....It isn't difficult!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI3riDoTnJ0&list=UUDru9n0gVtJlapF93R1npSw&index=1&feature=plcp

DeliciousDesserts Posted 3 Sep 2012 , 6:42pm
post #14 of 18

You're awesome! thank you!

DeliciousDesserts Posted 3 Sep 2012 , 6:45pm
post #15 of 18

Ok, you answered the EXACT ? I was wondering. I was worried about the petals being to curved. So....what did you use to shape yours to not be to deep? Normally, I use apple holders.

DeliciousDesserts Posted 3 Sep 2012 , 6:47pm
post #16 of 18

& FYI...You totally look like I imagined!

EvMarie Posted 3 Sep 2012 , 7:07pm
post #17 of 18

Thanks so much for sharing the video. Visuals help me a ton.

I have a "leaf" cake I'm going to try soon & was hoping to try gumpaste. It just makes things look so much more realistic and delicate.

I've only tried the Wilton recipe for a figure. Anyone have any favorite gumpaste recipes?

costumeczar Posted 3 Sep 2012 , 9:24pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:

& FYI...You totally look like I imagined!

Oh that's scary, hahaha!

I use apple trays too, but I just put the petals so that they're kind of up on the edge of each depression and the pointed end isn't as curved. They still have a slight curve but it's not as pronounced.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%